Thursday, October 9, 2008

aaaarrrggghhhh

Last night as I was getting the boys ready for bed Jeffery comes up to me and says he needs to throw up. So I told him to go to the bathroom. Well he went and stood by the bathroom door and started to to throw up on the carpet. I yelled at him to get into the bathroom and he ran in and put the toilet seat up and started to puke in there. However I don't know how it happened but there was puke EVEYWHERE. Even on the wall behind him. Honestly he was pointing his face to the toilet but I had a GIANT mess to clean up.
While I was cleaning up the bathroom (something that I am not supposed to do because of certain complications), but I wasnt about ready to let the bathroom sit and stink not to mention I had to go and I was not going to sit in puke. So while I was cleaning I had my cleaning bucket next to me that has all of the cleaning sprays and what not in it I hear JT say "I didn't spray that in my mouth." So I immediatly stopped what I was doing and I asked him what he sprayed in his mouth and he showed me the bottle of Clorox disinfecting spray and I grabbed him and smelt his breath. I couldnt smell anything but the back of the bottle says to call the poison control center immediatly and give him lots of water to drink. He has done this before only with furniture polish and poison control told me then that he would have to drink a lot to have any effect and to just make him drink water. SO I had to force him to drink water. He wasnt very happy and needless to say I didn't sleep well cause everytime I heard him cough throughout the night I ran into his room to make sure he was ok and not throwing up.
Oh how I love being a mom and enjoying all lifes little surprises.

1 comment:

Scott and Jillian said...

holy cow! Kids do the darndest things! Why do kids say, "I have to pee/throw-up/whatever" and just stand there? Run for it, you crazy!

Oh, and that reminds me of the other day when Emma took Katelynn's medicine. I felt like I was on hold with the pharmacy forever!